Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP is the second half of the previous article “Top 10 Google ranking factors for targeted traffic”
Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP: to begin with, the top 5 Google ranking factors were discussed in the previous article. I split this article to enhance loading speed. To avoid using the same title, I use a slight modification: “Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP”. I will list the top 5 and discuss the last 5 in detail:
- Top 10 Google ranking factors #1, Keyword phrase must be at thebeginning of your title tag: By the way, here is a video demo of a great keyword research tool, Long TailPro details can be found by clicking here:
- Top 10 Google ranking factors #2,Content length is the second most critical of the top 10 website ranking factors: You may want to check out Affiliate Goliath for content or another article on top content creation tools
- Top 10 Google ranking factors #3, Page loading speed– MMMH, you may want to check cloud VPS hosting starting at $6/month, best bang for the buck!
- Top 10 Google ranking factors #4, Keyword prominence and positioning: You may want a keyword research tool for great variation of your main keyword phrase and efficient use of long tail keyword
- Top 10 Google ranking factors, tip #5: Page Authority also referred to as Pagerank.
Huge Website traffic source: I will send 60000+ Unique Human Visitors 50K to 60K US Traffic with proof to your Website for $5-Click here
Now I will go over the last 5 of the Top 10 website ranking factors in detail
6. Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP, top Domain Authority is # 6
Domain authority ranks your site high on Google
When your domain has authority, it is easier for your webpages to be ranked. Websites like amazon.com, Yahoo.com, Youtube.com, and others have very high domain authority. That’s why it is so easy for their web pages to rank high. Just like your webpage, your domain has authority based on how often it is referred by other sites, and remember that when your backlinks are closer to the root of the referring domain, it is a lot more significant!
Take home message: Domain authority requires backlink popularity and efforts for good content and publishing your content to other websites of similar topics.
- Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP, tip #7: Relevancy of your backlinks: backlink relevance helps boost your website grow ranking on Google
Backlinks relevancy boosts Google ranking
If you think you will just accumulate back links to your website, and it would all be ok, then you should think again. Google likes natural backlinks. Link relevancy is important because it tells Google that websites that focus on similar subjects as yours recognize your website as being very helpful. If your site is about real estates, why would a site about weight loss care about your information? However, if a website like Zillow or realtor.com lists your site as a reference, you can be pretty sure it would be very significant in the ranking of your real estate website. That’s the idea behind link relevancy! Your link popularity should tell Google that people in your field find your website very helpful. One way to acquire relevant links is to submit content to relevant websites. Articles or links Directories that deal with multiple subjects may be an important way to accumulate backlinks because an article, infographics, or blog websites that accept relevant content provide an opportunity for you to embed your link in an article about a topic related to your website. However, the most important thing to keep in mind is that those websites must be relevant to your topic and that they must have domain authority or a high page rank or PR. If site from unrelated topics have a lot of backlinks to your site, Google may see that as spamming and penalize your website for it.
Take home message: Make sure that your back links are relevant, that they are from websites with high domain authority/Page Rank, and that they are progressive and natural (contextual) backlinks. Websites ranked high on Google search results for your main keywords are thebest sites to seek back links from.
- Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP, tip #8: Keep visitors on your site as long as possible
Suppose Google sends visitors to your website, but when they land on your webpage,
If Website visitors love your site Google will rank you higher
they quickly leave. This would send a strong signal to Google that your website has little relevance to the keyword for which your website ranks so high. Perhaps your site is not so interesting or your content is not very helpful. Once Google gathers that type of information, it will drop you really fast. Again, it all comes that to good content. Take great care into what you put on your website. If you can afford an explainer video, perhaps you should consider adding one to your webpage. People love to watch video better than reading text. They are also more likely to share your video that your text content. In addition, you do not have to load the video on your website. You can upload it on Youtube and then embed it on your web site—very smart technique! Make your website standout. SEO has become a lot more complex and forever changing. Only those websites cared for the best will rank high.
- Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP, tip #9: Mobile-friendly websites
With the popularity of mobile devices, many websites have been design in two
Mobile-friendly Good for Google ranking
versions: a regular desktop version and a mobile version (via an App). In Google’s “eye” , that’s not the way to go. Your website must have a responsive design, which means it adapts automatically to mobile devices. This is a must for a webmaster! WordPress has a lot of premium themes that are the products of responsive design. Again, you can find some at Envato MarketPlace.
10. Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP, tip #10: Lack of Junk or Duplicate content
You may have pages on your website that provides no useful information. Similarly,
Duplicate content turns you down on search engine results pages
some of your webpages may present duplicate content. Google does not like that. Get rid of your duplicate content and junk pages that are of no value to your visitors. Use Google webmaster tools to find out what is not right about your website and to submit your sitemap to Google.
Take home message: delete junk pages or duplicate content is one of the Top 10 Google ranking factors
We hope you will follow these Top 10 Google ranking factors for your own online success.
For detailed examination of the first 5 of the the Top 10 Google ranking factors please click here!
Top 10 website ranking factors on Google SERP